In 1909, the local sorority Beta Theta was formed at Marietta College.
Beta Theta was comprised of young women dedicated to the ideals of sisterhood, integrity, service, and friendship and she prospered during her time at Marietta College.
On May 26, 1945, Beta Theta was chartered as the Beta Xi Chapter of Alpha Xi Delta National Fraternity.
For her first few years at Marietta College, Beta Xi resided at 212 Fifth Street in a house that provided residence for 10 Sisters.
It soon became clear that a larger house was needed for the growing Chapter and so in 1954 Beta Xi Chapter bought the house of the late George White, Marietta's third Governor of Ohio.
The Beta Xi chapter was deeply affected in November of 2021 when the Alpha Xi Delta house caught fire and all of the members that were living in the house at that time were moved into on-campus housing. The house is currently being renovated to be even better than before.
The chapter currently resides in upperclassman housing, eagerly awaiting the reopening of the house.
Alumnae and visitors are still always welcome to come to our floor and see what life is like while we adapt to our new way of living.